Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Humor

So here are some quick things that aren't big enough for a post on their own but that made me laugh...

1) I Hate Mother Teresa
We are studying Mother Teresa in the Jr High and when we brought up a picture of her to introduce her to the students, one boy called out, "Ah man!  I hate Mother Teresa!" in Japanese.  Later on I asked him what he meant, and he explained that he hated church related things.  Really odd as there aren't really churches out here....

Then, when completing a comprehension worksheet, we told the students the answer was... "Mother Teresa always saw poor people on her way to school."  One kid said, "Eh, the answer isn't She always saw God?" and the boy who originally said he hated Mother Teresa said, "Only drunk people can see God!"

2) Choir
We have another choir concert this weekend and we have yet another new outfit.  These ones are already made and we just have to go to the closet in the concert hall to pick one up.  But during the discussion about if we would wear them or not, one women raised her hand to say that she was concerned I wouldn't fit into one because my boobs are so large (I am a 36C).  Luckily, I did in fact fit into the dress, although I was worried about my thighs and butt, not my boobs.  It's just funny because the choir is filled with little old ladies who are quite saggy (NO OFFENCE!).

And it is really stupid, but we were all laughing at our choir director who has decided to play the trap set as accompaniament to one of our songs.  It is mean of us, but she is an older woman in her 60's and plays like the little boy in Love Actually when he is just starting out.

3) Elmo!
So you kind of have to know the other song to get this, but the video below made me laugh out loud.  The original song is by LMAFO and it is called "I'm Sexy and I Know It"  It features lyrics like,


When I walk in the spot, this is what I see
Everybody stops and they staring at me
I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it
or
When I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks
This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go
We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service

The video is kind of lame, and normally I HATE Elmo, but his dancing is so cute and the "Tickle" part is hilarious/clever (In the original song, the guy sings "wiggle wiggle wiggle" as he thrusts his crotch while wearing speedos).


No comments:

Post a Comment