Friday, March 2, 2012

Fitness Friday

So this last week was a complete bust because I think I actually gained a few pounds.  But I did make improvements in that...

1) I worked out three times.  Not as much as I need to be doing, but three more than the week before.
2) I didn't have any cola on the way to school and only had regular cola once during the week (that is HUGE for me and my HUGE rear-end).
3) I switched my afternoon snack from potato chips, chocolate, etc to almonds and dried cranberries (thanks Costco).  Also, to cut down on over eating I spooned out 1/2 cup portions and put them in separate ziploc baggies.  Such a simple thing and yet it really works.
4) When Motoaki got out the Haagen Dazs on Thursday night I said no.  Not even a taste!

Things I still did wrong though...
1) Used a lot of dressing/salt in my food prep this week.
2) Went out and chose a cheese burger instead of something with less calories.
3) I went up to two coffees a day at work.  Again, not the end of the world but tea or water would be better.  It was just such a cold week...

So yeah, not the worst but not the best start.  Need to kick it up a notch this week...  A little worried, though, since I am going out again this weekend and might go into the city as well.  Will have to fight, Fight, FIGHT the urge to get a Star Bucks....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you definitely did some good last week, Jane...you can be my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete