Friday, March 16, 2012

And another thing...

Sorry to be so negative lately, but I need to vent about another thing.  Why do people (and this could be anyone anywhere) think it is perfectly all right to ask me if I am pregnant or if I plan to get pregnant soon?  I know I am overweight but it isn't that bad.

Last week at the supermarket I ran into a woman who used to be part of the staff at my school.  I don't know her name and was never very close to her, but I recognized her and she recognized me so we said hello.  I asked her how she was doing, how her new job was, etc and she asked me how this year had been.  She then asked me if I had had a baby yet.  When I said no, she asked when I was planning on having one.  I really wanted to ask her when she was going to have her next (the woman is probably 60).

Now I don't mind when close friends or family ask.  I also don't mind when it comes up in conversation, like the time one of our coworkers announced she was pregnant and so everyone started asking the newlyweds if they were planning on having children.  But other then that, I think it is rude.

I know she was just wanting to be nice, but what if I am physically not able to have children or what if I had just miscarried?  What if I never planned on having kids?  And considering that having a baby involves sex, what makes people feel they have a right to ask me about my sex life?

This woman isn't the only one either.  I have a kindergarten teacher who, every time I go to her school, pats me on the stomach and asks if there is a baby in there.  And the choir ladies ask all the time.  Now of days when someone asks, I tell them I already have a baby and then show them a picture of Finn.  Because really, he is my baby.

I know they have good intentions, but seriously, stop asking me!  I'll let you know when their is news to tell, but until then it is my business!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment