Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting in Shape... NOW

So this is a little boring but I need to do this for me.  Like always I made the new years resolution to lose weight and like always I am lagging behind.  I started with good intentions- got a bike for Christmas, was serious about using the oven instead of the fry pan, tried to cut down at coffee at work, etc but soon fell right into old habits.  BUT after reading some inspiring blog posts and after realizing that it is already almost March, I have decided that I need to get serious now.  I figured if I post about it online, I will feel more motivated (or shamed) to actually do something.

Starting with today  I only had one coffee at work (I usually have three and I always add sugar and cream) and drank Jasmine green tea instead. I didn't have cola for breakfast (I usually drink a diet dr pepper in the morning- not bad calorie wise but not very healthy in general.).  I got back to using the Android Noom calorie counter/exercise tracker on my phone and have set the goal for 10kg by June.  I am currently at 70 kg (154 lbs) which is not the biggest I have ever been but certainly not good.  I don't think I need to get down 60kg (132lbs)- 61/63 would make me happy, but would rather aim the bar high.

Luckily, today was really warm so I hope that I can actually start biking to work (didn7t wake up early enough to do it today- will be about a 40 minute ride).  I only have been able to do it once so far because of rain/snow/negative temperatures but am hoping to start doing it daily.

This weekend will be tough as tonight we are going out for dinner, Saturday I am going to an all you can eat/all you can drink Trivia night followed by karaoke, and Sunday I am hosting a dinner party for Motoaki's sister's birthday.  But at least Valentine's is over.

I hope to post good a good report next Friday and might even put up a picture of myself in workout gear.  We shall see...  I want to get in shape for obvious reasons, but another factor is that I am going to Vietnam in March with two SUPER skinny girls and then in August it will be my brother's wedding.  Have to look at least as fit as my younger sister who runs marathons all the time now.  Damn her and her running!!! (secretly kidding- she has gone down about 8 dress sizes and looks AMAZING)

Maggie in 2006


 Running a Marathon as Peter Pan in 2011

On the beach in 2010 



No comments:

Post a Comment