Wednesday, February 15, 2012

3 Records Night

I have a lot to catch up on and not even sure if I will get to it all.  I guess to catch up on a topic I already posted about, I went to the "3 Records Night" and my three songs were Hey Soul Sister by Train (totally forgot about that until I was in the car one day), Home by Edward Sharper..., and Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida.  Everyone danced to them but I was also lucky in that they came on at a time of night when everyone was "feeling it."  The night was actually a great idea and went really well.  Only awkward moment was when some Scottish guy who was sitting at the bar put on Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlan.

I was actually surprised at how nice everyone was.  To back up, the party was thrown by my boss in Hiroshima which is about 3 hours from where I live.  There was a big birthday bash near where I live on the same weekend so only three of us went to Hiroshima- a British girl named Ellie and a Canadian named Janet.  We knew our boss would be at the party, but that was about it.  I worried that it would be us three in a corner watching everyone else go crazy.  OK- so that is kind of a lie because I tend to take over control on the dance floor, but I was worried that all of the songs played by the Hiroshima people would result in a big scream of, "OMG- It's OUR SONG" followed by choreographed moves.  But no, everyone was super friendly and open to including us out-of-towners.  I didn't get numbers or emails, but I did feel that I had met quite a few people.

I will say that my only disappointment was in myself.  Due to having gone out for a birthday dinner the night before and having driven all morning, I was quite tired and fell asleep at the bar by midnight.  They actually had really nice sofas so it wasn't entirely my fault, and one of the girls who drove down with me also fell asleep too. ALSO, because our boss was running it we had turned up to the event early (around 7) and started drinking early, so that didn't help either.  Janet took a lot of videos and I ended up missing a lot of good songs.

But in good news due to going to sleep early I woke up the next morning feeling genki genki (energetic) and was up for taking Ellie to Miyajima, the deer island in Japan with the big red gate in the water.  Janet and I had gone together last Golden Week (spring break) and I have actually been there a million times, but Ellie had never been and she will be leaving Japan in April.  It was a bit overcast but a nice way to come down from the high of the night before.  I highly recommend you host your own "3 Records Night" or get some venue to do it.  So many old songs that I had forgotten about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment