Tuesday, December 20, 2011

He's growing up!! More on Finn...

So as much as we say, "I'll never be one of those mothers," we all eventually turn into "one of those mothers" and that is what has happened to me.  It isn't as bad as some mothers (cough cough Maggie cough cough) but I am guilty of taking a lot of photos of Finn, speculating on his poop, recounting his every move to Motoaki, etc  So I thought I would do a quick post on my baby and his growth.

He is now 6th months old and will be 7 months on the 25th.  For the most part he has his adult teeth (I think) and though he is not so nippy he sure still likes to chew.  He can demolish a small greenie in about two minutes and can tear jeans.  Though he is guilty of putting everything and anything into his mouth for a taste, he can be easily distracted and be kept busy with a work glove that Motoaki's labrador raising uncle suggested we get.

In just the past two weeks he has gotten over his fear of jumping on and off the white couch and can now also jump onto to our massive Ikea couch.  He can't get down from there yet, though, and is still afraid of our stairs and (for some odd reason) the stairs leading into the laundry room (even though these are shallower than the couch and are similar to the ones in  and out of the house).

Last night was a big win for him as he was allowed to sleep in our bed for the whole night and did so without accident or without trying to eat us.  I think this is due to the fact that it was seriously cold (no central heat in houses in Japan) and our down comforters are seriously warm.  He didn't even wake up early and I had to drag him out of bed at 7.  Note: further evidence he could be related to Lissie.

He can sit, lay down, and give his paw on command though he sometimes has selective hearing.  He also waits for me to say "ok" before approaching his food dish, though he does sometimes whine/growl about this.  If I turned around I am positive he would go over to it without a second's hesitation.  He also has no qualms about me taking his food away at any point which I sometimes do to make sure he doesn't ever get overly possessive.

He still stops what he is doing to occasionally watch TV and did so last night when I turned to CNN to watch coverage about Kim Jong-Il's death.

He has yet to show any signs of sexual activity and after seeing Oscar in action I hope to get him fixed as soon as possible so hopefully we can avoid the matter all together.   His potty training is sometimes weak as he is now interested in marking things but for the most part he does well in making it to his toilet or in waiting until we go outside.

It must be said that he is cuter than we ever hoped and could model if he ever learns how to stay.

OK, sorry about this, but just had to get it out of my system.  I'll try to go another month without posting updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment