Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cultural Differences in Pets

Last weekend we went to the new super mall/outlet mall in Kurashiki with our friend Alexi.  We found amazing deals at Adidas, Banana Republic, and UniQlo.   We passed up the chance for Krispy Kreme, though, when we saw the hour long line.

Being animal lovers the lot of us we decided to check out the pet store.  Motoaki and I were both relieved to see that we in deed got a fabulous     deal on Finn.  The cheapest dog at this place was about 1200 US $.  Although they were all gorgeous puppies.

Anyway, what I quickly wanted to blog about was the fact that they were selling prairie dogs.  As in the little things you see in the badlands!! Who in the world would get a prairie dog?  How would you keep it?  Don't they need to dig???

I was excited to see guinea pigs.  A few years ago when I first came here they were pretty unknown around the town I live in and when I showed students pictures, they thought they were quite scary.  I don't know if we would be ready for another dog anytime soon, but a guinea pig would be a lovely addition to the family...

In one last side note, really must start taking pictures of these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment