Friday, October 28, 2011

Something I meant to Post Before Summer Break

SUMMER!

Today is my last day in the office so I better blog now as I might not be so inclined to do so when I am not near my computer

Though tomorrow starts about 7 weeks of no school, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I have planned and need to sort out.  I am trying to take what would be a normal amount of activities for a US summer vacation and cram it into a Japanese summer vacation.  So here are my plans in bullets...

*PACK  Though we won't move into our house until the last week of August, I am going to be all over the place before then.  So, I am going to use the next two "free" days to get the bulk of my stuff in boxes.  Labeled boxes.  As much as I love Motoaki, I don't trust him to sort things in an orderly/logical fashion.

*SET UP BOUND IN JAPAN WORKSHOPS  My brother's friend from the Japanese embassy is coming to Japan to conduct art workshops for foreigners living here.  At the workshops non-Japanese will create "book art" that will then be displayed at an exhibit in Okayama city.  The workshops will be in September, but as the same with packing, I need to get on it now to make sure things go smoothly when I get back.

*SEE PAUL OFF  Paul is a teacher who worked in town and who is leaving.  He will have a blow-out party in the big city of Okayama and everyone is making the trek to dance the night away.  Though we are sad to see Paul go, it is also a sort of "welcome to summer" bash.

*WELCOME ANDREA Andrea worked here a few years ago and left in 2009.  She came to my wedding and even met up with Maggie in Korea so I want to make the effort to spend some time with her.  Possibly costume Karaoke.

*NAGOYA/OSAKA/TSUYAMA/TOKYO Maggie and Dad got ridiculously priced tickets to come to Japan so I am going to spend roughly a week and a half trying to show them things they haven't seen before.  I am thinking the Toyota Automobile Museum, the Osaka Aquarium, clubbing (at least for Maggie), Nagashi Somen, etc

*AMERICA And after all of the above (plus some odd work and a training day in Okayama) I am going to the US.  I will most likely be stopping off in Minnesota, possibly DC, and of course Iowa.  I am also going to try and sort through some of my mom's things to begin the process of... well, not sure what to say.  Basically my main goal will be to go through her books and decide what to keep and what to donate.  I will also help with whatever areas Dad and Maggie are up to tackling such as clothes and what not.  Of course, I am also going to devote an enormous amount of time in America to eating (STATE FAIR) and cuddling Lissie and Looe.  And I will be catching up with friends and family.

So anyway, maybe not the most relaxing of vacations but it will be exciting and a much needed change of pace.  A little jealous of Amy and Kellie who are going to Europe, but I DID get to go there last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment